Wednesday, December 29, 2010

free to be and not be there

A guy at work did not show up yesterday. the store turned out to be closed,
a befriended visitor called me around noon. It had happened before, a few times.
The operation to cancel is easy: call someone. My collegue somehow does not.
He turns of his phone for the entire day, and cannot be reached by anyone.

Today he is back. Upon my request he let me know that he will be working. I
do not have to end my holidays and feel relief. These days with my daugther
at my parents' house are worth a million dollars to me.

I wonder. How to deal with these ocurrences well. I have tried to agree with John
that he calls in case he is not able to work. Just call. Three minutes. It turns out
he cannot. The day is too dark, the clouds in his head too thick to do anything.

Another solution? When he is not well, i cannot reach him in the morning. So if such
happens, i need to find someone else to work? But then, if he turns out to be there,
we have two people working on the same day. Which is better than no one. It could
work.

Sack him? It does make me very angry that he leaves the store closed, does not call,
nor is available to anyone for our phone calls. It entered my mind. Now, a day later,
it is okay again. A gentle and tender feeling has won over the anger i felt yesterday.
He works hard, the store was only closed for 2,5 hours, and he replied to my calls
today. Those would be arguments for keeping the relationship flowing. They are after
the fact of simply feeling to forgive myself and him. Get rid of the anger, understand
that he is probably much more troubled than i am.

Better it would be to keep up with his emotional state, feed ourselves with ease and joy,
and make sure that there is sufficient other support for him to not get overworked.

And, allow myself to be free and not be there. Not responsible, not there to control
others. Just get to the simplest, most true way of being and the cooperation that
follows from there.

No comments: